Table of Contents
The skin area under your eyes is your body’s most delicate area of facial skin. If blood leaks from capillaries beneath this skin area as you get older, it can settle there. This allows discoloration to show through. This causes the body unable to make a proper amount of hemoglobin. As a result, dark circles form
Alternatively, it could simply be a genetic trait. Whatever the case, there are methods that can help you out.
How To Choose A Product Designed To Remove Dark Eye Circles
Since this issue has effected so many people in a society promoting beauty and health, there are plenty of “methods” to help you in how to remove dark circles under eyes. Product development is particularly aggressive in this niche.
As a result, you’ll find competing brands producing creams, lotions and vitamin packs. It’s difficult to go through them all. To help you out, we’ve weeded out the bad ones through extensive research. These 15 products will help you find out how to remove dark circles under eyes.
1. Tru-skin Eye Gel for Wrinkles, Fine Lines, Dark Circles, Puffiness & Bags
This selection from TruSkin Naturals does it all. Promising to conquer dark under eye circles, this gel is incredibly light. 75 percent of the formula consists of organic ingredients.
Furthermore, it doesn’t contain any harmful toxins. You won’t find GMOs, drying alcohol, parabens, mystery fillers or unwanted fragrances in this Truskin product.
This product has never been tested on animals. Manufactured in the United States, this eye gel won’t run down your face when you apply it. Tests show that it doesn’t cause any negative skin reactions either.
There’s also a three-month return policy. If you find that within this amount of time you’re not noticing results, TruSkin is more than happy to give you a full refund. Retail cost for 0.5 fluid ounces runs around $15.
- Women and men of all ages (even 70-somethings) say this formulation surpasses everything they’ve tried
- Solves multiple facial problems so you no longer have to buy a dozen products
- Can show dark eye circle reduction in as little as a week
- A little bit goes a long way
- Infrequent complaints from women who saw no results after using the entire bottle
- May not specifically target dark circles due to multiple beneficial effects
- There’s only a small amount of gel in this product
2. New York Laboratories Dark Circle Eye Cream
The label on the container of New York Laboratories verifies the primary goal of this product. It’s designed specifically for dark circles. While it helps other facial issues, consumers of this product are primarily seeking to eradicate puffiness, lines and wrinkles.
Its main two ingredients are retinol and Glutamylamidoethyl Imidazole. These two ingredients specifically target discoloration. At less than $19 per 1-ounce bottle, it’s as popular with men as it is with women.
Other ingredients also include Echinacea Stem Cells and ginseng. Both of these ingredients have the capability of helping to regenerate cells. This NY Laboratories cream claims that the secret behind good results has to do with stimulating the production of collagen and moisturizing.
As dark color fades to a lighter hue, the under-eye area remains soft and healthy. This allows your face to fight capillary walls earlier. This further prevents under-eye discoloration.
- Users claim puffiness decreases in two minutes
- According to the company, you should see noticeable results in less than a week
- Even users whose under-eye discoloration issues have stuck around since childhood rave about finding an answer
- Absorbs quickly and has been found by users to work even in situations where dark under-eye circles are the result of heredity
- Not every user reports complete eradication of under-eye discoloration
- The product’s fragrance can be a turn-off for users who suffer olfactory hyper-sensitivity.
- There have been infrequent reports of dark circles getting darker as the product is applied over time.
- Users may discover that this under-eye cream does not mix well with other facial products
- If you use a night cream or another cosmetic product to improve skin quality, a reaction could result in some cases if they’re combined.
3. Neocutis Lumiere Bio-restorative Eye Cream with PSP
Best-seller Neocutis Lumiere Bio-restorative Eye Cream with PSP touts its anti-aging properties. It’s an excellent product for fighting under-eye discoloration issues.
If you’re living on a tight budget, the $46 price tag may give you pause. However, brand fans say they’re happy to pay. There are no fragrances or unhealthy toxins in this cream. For those that suffer from allergies, this could also help you avoid skin reactions.
Gentle and soothing, one of the secret ingredients in this product is caffeine mixed with processed skin proteins. If you use this product to help eliminate those dark circles, you’ll receive a healthy mix of essential nutrients as well.
There are powerful components within this formulation in addition to natural additives that run the gamut from antioxidants to growth factor compounds. In addition to banishing those dark under-eye circles, the manufacturer insists that you can also get the added benefit of anti-sagging and anti-aging skin.
- The most beneficial skin revival agents is collagen – a major factor in this product’s formulation
- Dermatologist-recommended for all ages and stages of skin
- Devotees are happy to pay the price to achieve great results where other products have failed
- There was social media buzz that a main ingredient is aborted fetal cells, but this was refuted by University of Switzerland researchers who debunked the rumor
- While some users say that their under-eye bags have been dramatically reduced as a result of using this cream, not everyone reports that their dark circles issue has been resolved
- It may take up to three months to see a notable difference
4. Circles Organyc Eye Cream
With Organyc’s Rejuvenating Eye Formula, shoppers need not worry about animal testing or ingredients that aren’t all-natural. “Responsibly Formulated” is the manufacturer’s main motto. Priced at around $35, it’s can sometimes be found readily available for $19.
This product has been particularly Appealing to insomniacs who are prime targets for both under-eye circles and bags. This is because this Organyc treatment nourishes the skin beneath the eyes to soften and diminish the development of those dark pigmentations. The company promises it has 100,000 loyal fans to back this up.
People are particularly attracted to the product’s exotic plant extracts. It contains flowers, herbs, teas, seaweed, oils, rice, soy, yeast acids and other active proteins.
Expect anywhere 30 to 45 days to see the full effect of this treatment. For dissatisfied customers there’s a 100% return policy.
- This company will remind you of the old-fashioned customer service that’s absent from today’s commercial scene – there’s a lot of integrity behind the label
- Even skeptics report noticeable changes in under-eye circles that range from complete eradication of the dark pigment to lightening it
- Lots of compliments on the pump itself that allows users to see how much is left in the package so they don’t run out
- Despite claims, this product failed to work for numbers of users who may be combatting genetic dark eye circles
- Reports of burning and dry skin in the under-eye area have been reported
- Not highly recommended for those over 60
5. Eminence Wild Plum Eye Cream
Eminence Wild Plum Eye Cream often receives a high ratio of 5-star ratings on product evaluation websites. That stated, we found that scientific data backs up the company’s claim. This is an eexpensive purchase at around $45. However it works for those willing to pay.
If you recall reading earlier in this review about the role broken capillaries play in the development of dark circles, you should known that Eminence Wild Plum Eye Cream goes straight to the heart of the matter by targeting that possibility.
It uses a mix of vitamins and antioxidants. Yet it’s the targeted delivery of Vitamin K that addresses capillary breakage. This sets the cream apart from most competitors.
There’s also wild plum juice in that package plus shea butter and soy. Both of these work together in eradicating dark circles under eyes.
- This Eminence product has developed a devoted following of those happy to have found a solution to their problem at long last
- Shoppers are willing to pay more for this pricey cream after finding that it fights dark circles better than other formulations.
- The soothing fragrance isn’t offensive and the cream is neither too oily nor too drying, pampering all skin types
- More expensive than most dark circle treatment lotions
- For those who saw no results after using this product up, complaints about the money they spent were particularly anguished
- Cases of stinging eyes have been reported by those who have both benefitted and not benefitted
6. RoC Multi Correxion 5-in-1 Eye Cream
RoC has been around since 1957 when pharmacist Jean-Charles Lissarruague began formulating skin creams to combat common complaints. This included dark circles, under-eye bags and puffiness.
This Multi Correxion 5-in-1 cream makes a great addition to any skin care arsenal to combat dark under-eye circles and other age-revealing complaints. According to clinical studies undertaken over a seven-year product development process, test subjects saw five signs of aging improve noticeably in “as little as 4 weeks.”
As the RoC brand has grown, mass production of the cream hasn’t compromised the effectiveness of Multi Correction. It continues to target sagging, dull skin tones, dry skin and wrinkles in addition to dark circles.
This product is available just about anywhere. The best part? It comes in at around $15.
- “Best Eye Cream” pick by the Good Housekeeping Institute
- Can be used on brown skin spots in addition to the eye area
- Formulated to reduce pigmentation
- While those spots may not disappear completely, users insist the cream has eliminated 80-percent of the darkness
- Affordable price tag means you can continue to buy it every time you run out
- Not therapeutic on all skin types – if you have very oily skin, your skin may break out
- For sensitive noses, the fragrance could drive you away
- This cream does a great job on wrinkles, sags and signs of age, but some users found no diminution of dark eye rings even after using the entire jar
7. Garnier SkinActive Clearly Brighter Anti-Dark Circle Eye Roller
If you’re a skeptic of most products, you’ll appreciate the targeted approach Garner takes toward dark under-eye circles. This product distributes essential nutrients that stimulate the area and heal skin cells assaulted daily by aging, weather, pollution and makeup. Nutritionists and dermatologists were consulted at the Garnier laboratories, and this circle-erasing pen earned their approval.
For those seeking to brighten the area around the eyes while diminishing that dark pigment, it costs next to nothing to experiment with. This Garnier product costs only around $13, and you can find deals at around $9 without much effort.
Wear it under makeup or alone – either way it spreads quite evenly. Active ingredients include botanicals, caffeine gel and essence of lemon that. The Garnier roller head is said to “energize and stimulate microcirculation” in the areas that need the most attention.
Some users report brighter eyes in just a week. However, it’s best not to have high hopes because everyone’s eye area responds uniquely to topical agents.
- Fans of this Garnier anti-dark circle eye roller span a wide age group
- Satisfied consumers say they first bought it for the price and kept it for the results
- Unlike complex formulations of herbs, botanicals and cell-renewing agents, this product is essentially a cover up rather than a pharmaceutical-grade solution
- The roller targets precise areas
- The package is small enough to toss into a pocket or handbag
- Plenty of brand-loyal shoppers insist that even dark under-eye circles that have stuck around since childhood have been reduced or eliminated using this product alone
- This product’s value is found in its ability to mediate rather than solve under-eye pigmentation issues.
- Extremely dark circles due to genetics aren’t likely to be “cured” using this product alone
- Ingredients aren’t powerful enough to work on underlying issues like capillary breakage and heredity factors.
- If you use a finger to smear and distribute what the roller ball doesn’t, you could wind up with a cakey residue under your eyes – use a light application touch if the dispenser doesn’t do the job for you.
8. Baebody Eye Gel for Dark Circles, Puffiness, Wrinkles and Bags
Thousands of users on various product rating sites aren’t shy about awarding this product five stars. Among the more exotic ingredients are fusions of organic herbs, Aloe, plant stem cells, Jojoba oil, organic licorice, wild-crafted periwinkle and frankincense.
Perhaps because this formulation is so complex, it comes with a hefty price of $55. However, with some digging you can find it for as little as $24.
Shoppers receive a generous portion of gel at 1.7 oz. Baebody offers plenty of proof that if one uses this product regularly, dark circles are reduced in addition to under-eye sag, fine lines and puffiness.
his gel works by pumping up the skin ever so slightly to apply therapy under the delicate skin in this area. Since there are no fillers, dyes and other agents considered harmful in the formula, it’s safe for all types of skins. Don’t be surprised to see photos of men used in advertising.
- Major differences in dark circles around the eyes has surprised and stunned users who admit to having tried just about every competitor’s brand and found them all ineffective until they found this Baebody gel
- One pump and the proper amount of gel is dispensed for daily application
- Reports of noticeable improvement after just 10 days are not unusual
- For dissatisfied customers, the company will give you a full refund without hassle
- Not always an effective remedy for those suffering from dark circles caused by heredity factors
- May not be affordable at its current retail price
- Some shoppers advise not to wear under this gel under makeup or foundations because the skin can develop a sticky surface
9. Salmon Dark Circle Concealer Cream
This cream has been known to work without causing any negative skin reactions. Salmon dark circle concealer cream runs less than $9 retail and with just a few finger swipes, those dark areas disappear. Norwegian salmon and Hokkaido salmon roe extract go to work rehabilitating the area. This makes eyes look fresher and healthier.
The product of a holistic skin cream company cleverly named SkinFood. Their slogan “healthy skin starts with healthy food” drives both product development and sales. Salmon concealer’s concentrated formula is wildly popular because it’s made from natural ingredients like vitamin E, retinol and Omega-3 in addition to the aforementioned salmon extracts.
This product has been highly tested and proven effective. Even on those with atopic dermatitis and allergies have found the product to have a fast absorption rate.
- For under-eye concealer users weary of products that cake, the coverage and application of Salmon dark-eye concealer cream puts that concern to rest
- Absorbs into the skin quickly and thoroughly
- Beats competitors in terms of price and skin rehabilitation while reducing dark circles and illuminating the area around the eyes
- It won’t dry the surrounding eye area and is highly compatible with makeup
- Great for frequent sufferers of allergies and skin conditions who are also plagued with dark under-eye circles
- Excellent price that’s downright affordable.
- This product comes in only two skin tones – if neither is a good match for your skin color, you may be out of luck
- Use it and your skin could look orange or yellow
- Some Salmon purchasers say it feels uncomfortably greasy
- Used alone, it could smudge and wipe off easily and even stain clothing.
- Apply improperly and Salmon cream can collect in fine lines and wrinkles that build up and even clog skin pores
10. Swissvita Instant Eye Lift Eye Treatment for Dark Circles
No matter how you acquired those dark under-eye circles, the Swiss are ready to come to your rescue. This formulation both refreshes your eyes while tackling that dark discoloration. Not only that, but they’ll add some help with those under-eye bags as well.
Swissvita understands the myriad reasons men and women seek relief and long to stop looking tired and older. Their serum goes straight to the heart of periorbital skin that surrounds the eyes. Brand loyalists are satisfied with company claims that noticeable differences can be detected in just 7 seconds.
At less than $30 for half an ounce, this high-performance cream has been the subject of myriad scientific studies to validate claims that this product can make an immediate difference in one’s appearance. According to those results, the inclusion of phytonutrient AC-11 and Biophytex LS 8740 accounts for this product’s effectiveness in promoting the cell repair that combats dark circle development around eyes.
Concerned about all aspects of hygiene, this manufacturer stands alone in adding an additional security measure. The package is aluminum sealed so there’s no danger of external air pressure contamination.
- Buy it to get rid of under-eye discoloration but keep it for extra benefits like smoothing and tightening the skin around the eyes for an all-over improved look
- A favorite of men and women who seek a resolution to their dark circles without having to put up with flowery fragrances
- Lightweight, cooling and refreshing
- You don’t have to worry about developing dry skin since there’s no alcohol or paraben in the formulation
- Since the company isn’t one of the big players in the skin care market, you may have to search for this cream
- There have been reports of skin reaction by users with allergies and skin sensitivities
- Spread the cream around the eye area judiciously or you’ll use it up fast
- Could leave a gummy residue on the skin if you use too much and don’t blend properly
11. Saintsco Luxury Natural Bee Venom Anti-Aging Eye Cream
This cream treats your skin to a rather exotic cocktail of ingredients that contain pure New Zealand Bee Venom. Users don’t tend to complain a bit despite the $50 to $65 price tag.
Since the jar contains only 3 grams, this could be the most expensive option on our list. However, the benefits are unmatched. In addition to a reduction in under-eye discoloration, this product is formulated to stimulate collagen and fight capillary breakage that’s a prime cause of dark circles.
The bee venom itself is buffered by other all-natural ingredients that include honey, Royal Jelly, almond oil, lavender and aloe. All of these come directly from New Zealand and their state-of-the-art and environmentally sustainable hives, farms and gardens.
Saintsco is proud to say that “no bees are harmed” when the venom is extracted, and the little critters live on to keep making honey after donating their venom. This is applauded by environmentalists concerned about the issue of hive collapse. Apply sparingly over those dark areas for maximum benefits.
- Enthusiasm runs rampant among loyal users
- This lightweight cream absorbs quickly
- Less expensive than other bee venom products that can cost several hundred dollars for a small amount
- Europeans discovered the power of bee venom long ago, but it’s somewhat new to the U.S. skin care market
- If you are willing to pay the price, you could find an exotic answer to your dark eye dilemma
- Since toxins in bee venom are powerful enough to rival Botox treatments, you may want to show the ingredients to your doctor if you have skin sensitivities or allergies
- Not every user saw improvement, even after using up the entire jar
- Some reported stinging in the eye area as skin tightens up – do not apply this to skin that is broken, swollen or bruised
- Take precautions if you have small children – this is one product you do not want your kids to get their hands on for myriad reasons
12. RebornEye Advanced Age Rejuvenation; Skin Research Institute
If you’re the impatient type, RebornEye from the Skin Research Institute could solve your dilemma fast. Firm skin is the bottom line for this multi-purpose product. Not only that, but skin is healed incredibly fast.
The brains behind this particular formulation are Harvard-trained scientists in collaboration with skincare professionals. With this, RebornEye definitely passes the credibility test. At eight weeks, users can expect to see a 35-percent reduction in dark pigmentation surrounding the eye.
Organic acids responsible for combating dark eyes are extracted from fruits like pineapple, lemon, grapes and passion fruit. Yet you needn’t worry about smelling like fruit – these are extracted acids that work on a cellular level.
There are no toxins used to make this product. However, you’ll be asked to fork over $55 for one ounce. Order three at a time, and the price comes down to $40 a jar.
There is no animal testing at the firm’s California headquarters. After just two years on the market, fans compare results to those one might expect from Botox treatments or plastic surgery. Trying this product first could safely deliver results you seek.
- It took less than 8 weeks for some to see under-eye circles fade
- Plenty of skeptics are to pay the price after experiencing zero improvement using other formulas
- Brand fans like the fact that there are money savings to be had by buying in bulk
- In addition to reducing discoloration around the eyes, this product tackles puffiness but doesn’t leave skin dry or taut
- Goes on smoothly and offers a quick absorption rate
- Severe allergic reactions have been reported
- Because this eye cream is heavier than some competitors, some users experienced clogged pores after just a few weeks while others were beset by a burning sensation that didn’t disappear until use was discontinued
- Consumers have returned the product because it turned grainy and left questionable residue
13. Fresh Black Tea Age Delay Eye Concentrate
Black tea leaves play in this advanced, anti-aging formulation. It’s one of priciest of the products on our list at $110 per 0.5 oz package. Eye improvement – in general – is the lofty overall goal of Fresh Black Tea Delay Eye Concentrate.
Alongside those dark-circle reducing agents, you could look younger, fresher and livelier. You must allow the product to dry on your skin before you either touch the area with your fingers or add another layer of skincare product.
This product contains ingredients you probably won’t find elsewhere: blackberry leaf, lychee seed and other oxidant-rich nutrients that stop the progress of free radical damage, promote elasticity and fight puffiness.
This moisturizing product may give you pause due to the size and price. However, according to skin care experts, if you use a “minuscule amount” twice a day that’s all you need to do the job.
If the product suits your budget, be forewarned that supplies at cyber and retail stores can be hard to find. We suspect this product is made in small batches, but that’s just a guess. If you see it, get it before it sells out.
- Fans of this black tea-based cream find it cool and calming
- Can also expect to look more bright-eyed and refreshed
- Comes in a smaller size for those willing to spend $66 to try it out
- Used as frequently by men as women to get relief from under-eye swelling, discoloration and the fine lines that develop due to fatigue, stress and sun
- Tip: some users keep theirs in the fridge
- If your eyes are sensitive, try a dab of this beneath the eye first so you don’t wind up experiencing discomfort, itching or tearing
- Can be difficult to find in either size package
- Hit-and-miss availability could hype pricing
- Inconvenience has turned off some consumers who claim that the hassle is much worse than the discoloration
14. LIV-Skin Dr. Approved Anti-Aging Eye Gel
This LIV-Skin doctor approved eye gel comes at a high price of around $50. However, this non-greasy gel digs in and does more than lighten dark circles and shadows. It also offers to deal with other unpleasant issues. This mainly includes fine lines and puffiness.
According to scientists who helped develop this gel, these ingredients act like a serum to hydrate and nourish. The ingredients of amino acids, green tea, seaweed and algae extracts help boost both the exterior skin and the area beneath where those broken capillaries are addressed.
For those who worry about animal testing, this formulation has been approved by PETA and it’s was made in the U.S. According to LIV-Skin, this product produces healthy sales from both men and women. This is why they cleverly suggest giving this skin care product to friends and family for special occasions.
Because it’s formulated as a gel, there’s no running or caking if applied properly. Once applied, all you need do is wait for your skin to absorb the healing properties to moisturize and work on that discoloration. LIV-Skin gel comes with a 100-percent money-back guarantee.
- Doesn’t require the user to deal with thick, sticky formulations that can irritate skin
- Priced affordably for those who shop on a shoestring budget
- LIV-Skin has found a wide audience among 60- and 70-somethings who are fighting age-related under-eye discoloration dilemmas
- Doctor tested
- Not used on animals
- Shoppers feel confident that they are getting an environmentally-solid solution to their discoloration problem
- Some report their discoloration problem wasn’t addressed at all
- A number of brand-loyal LIV-Skin product buyers found this eye gel to be an inferior formulation when compared to the company’s other creams and lotions
- Depending upon skin composition, this LIV-Skin gel can deliver a sticky feel
15. Veralyze 2-Pack Best Anti-Aging Cream
This best-selling product too good to be true. This product is known to address those broken capillaries. Not only that, but it soothes and lightens the area around eyes rather quickly.
According to company claims, you can “Say Goodbye to Dark Circles in as Little as 2 Weeks!” When addressing discoloration, Veralyze’s approach is targeting elasticity dilemmas and collagen loss that contribute to pockets of dark skin. To remedy the problem, apply the product.
Once it works its way beneath the skin, the formulation’s concentration of 6 types of peptides, including Argireline NP, go to work to reverse signs of aging. In addition to banishing dark circles, skin health improves and fine lines can be eliminated, too.
Veralyze has developed a huge following and prides itself on not having to use a retail distribution network. Celebrity endorsements or advertising to reach consumers plagued by under-eye discoloration.
In fact, the company relies on word of mouth and the Internet to spread the word. It retails at just $50 for two, 1-ounce jars of this Peau Lisse Laboratories hot seller. A great product for removing dark circles under eyes.
- Works on dark circles of men and women of all ages
- Some of brand’s biggest fans are pushing 80
- Great value for the price and availability
- A 2-pack is one of the reasons consumers flock to this product
- No hassle returns
- Not every user found this dark-eye circle remedy effective
- Some discovered that this product triggers skin sensitivities that are manifested as red, puffy and tingly reactions
- Online sales only are part the company’s marketing strategy
Looking for ways on how to remove dark circles under eyes? Try these 15 products. We understand that you can’t try all of these products. For this reason, we recommend just trying a few. See which ones are right for you and forget the rest.
Do you have any experience using the products on this list? If so, let us know in the comments below. We hope you found these methods on how to remove dark circles under eyes useful.